"Shoaizome" Indigo Dye is a Japanese traditional dyeing process. It is an natural (organic) dye and it may bleed more than an artificial dye. It also effectively deodorant, anti-flea and druable.
Below is an instruction to wash the Gi and Hakama with care :
- This hakama has already treated with non-shunk process. However, it is still recommanded to wash by hand.
- Please do not use Dryer as well, hang dry naturally.
- As the natrual fiber will bleed, please do not wash with other garment.
- Please do not use soap or detergent more than once in a year. It will cause the damage of the texture and weaken the density.The color will also faded in a larger scale.
- As the use of soap or detergent is not recommanded, please do not bleach the garment as well.
- Wear a pair of plastic hand grove if you do not want your hand stained blue.
- Fill in a plastic container with cold water, soak the Gi or Hakama completely.
- Gently scrub the Gi or Hakama for few minutes to wash away the dirt and sweat, then pour away the water in the container and refill with fresh water. Repeat this process a few times.
- When completed the rainsing, hang dry the Gi or Hakama.